Village Pharmacy was established in 1997 by the three partners, Gill Billington, Hazel Haywood and Margaret Power, all of who obtained honours degrees in pharmacy at London University.

Gill worked for the previous owner, Nigel Clutterbuck for over twenty years. Margaret worked as a locum there for more than ten years and also worked in other local pharmacies including Rivers Hospital. Hazel started employment as a pharmacologist working for Allen & Hanbury and then worked at various other local retail pharmacies.

The building is Grade II listed. Before 1863 it had been a coaching inn, then, William Harris, the local baker, took over the premises. In later years it became a newsagents. A pharmacy was first established on this site in the 1950s by Mr Bush, who also had a drug store on London Road. Mr Bush died in 1974 and the pharmacy was bought by Mr Nigel Clutterbuck from whom we purchased it in 1997.